Straight Blast Gym International Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Bronze - General Information > Portland Gym announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Come support the athletes this Saturday! - Event Date: 10 Aug 2007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
All phenomena is natural

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Thornton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Come support the athletes this Saturday!
    Posted: 14 Jun 2006 at 9:49am

Everyone has seen Chris, Dallas, and Andy push themselves hard the last Month for their upcoming fights this weekend, Saturday June 17th at the Roseland.

Now it's your turn to come down to the event and support them!

See you at the show, and remember that we will all meet up at 7 stars in Chinatown post event, as usual, for the after fight party.

Carefully note that the will to believe & the wish to understand are two completely different things; & only one propels us forward.

Marvin Diem View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Diem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2006 at 3:51pm
I will be there!!!

Do you guys like beer too?
Scott Atkinson View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Atkinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2006 at 4:37pm

I won't 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Matt Thornton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
All phenomena is natural

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Thornton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 2:51pm

Dallas & Chris win!

Ok, now that I have slept a quick re-cap. Both opponents were very tough. Although Dallas's opp claimed to have just a few Months training, he has actually trained at TQ for two Years. It was a tough fight, but Dallas knocked him down in the second, and finished by TKO. Awesome job!

Chris's opp was also very tough. He was 3-0 prior to the fight, and looked good during the fight. Chris came out punching and put him against the fence as he had been working in the Gym. Scored the take down, and his opp immeadiatly started working for triangles and subs. . .he got back to his feet, Chris took him down again, his opp went for the 100% sweep, Chris got out, took mount, punched, he took his back, Chris by RNC, 2 minutes plus into the first round. This was a very tough, and technical guy, and considering this was Chris's first MMA fight he did fantastic.

I couldn't be prouder of either guy.

They worked their ass off in the Gym. I knew neither would gas. Although MMA is an individual sport, it is also always a team effort, and much credit goes to the guys at the PDX Gym for being there throughout the past weeks for these guys. Thanks to Rick for coming in on his days off to push Dallas and Chris in hard sparring sessions. As well as Jonathan and the other ICC members for being great opponents in the Gym. James also spent a considerable amount of time helping both guys, and deserves a lot of credit. Also, Bryan Walsh is a fantastic corner man to have, and had some great advise. Also, big thanks to Travis who is always there for all the guys at the Gym.

Daryl Cutler from the Beaverton Gym also put up a really hard fight, and lost a close decision. He was rocking the guy when he circled to the left and threw his straight right, but unfortunatly didnt realize he was fighting a southpaw until the middle of the second round. I think it would have made a huge difference, (we were scearming it from the bleachers but I am sure it was hard to hear). Great fight, and great experience for him.

Andy once again won by Submission in a match where he dominated completley. Andy is an amazing athlete that can take this as far as he wants to. He is absolutley ready to move up several notches in terms of competition.

We will post some photos soon. . . .

Good work guys!

Carefully note that the will to believe & the wish to understand are two completely different things; & only one propels us forward.

DallasVanwinkle View Drop Down

ICC 05 "The Chupacabras"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DallasVanwinkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 4:41pm
thanks matt. thanks for your patience as well, in and out of the ring.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2006 at 7:06pm

Dallas and Chris did an awesome job against some tough opponents. Couldn't be prouder of their effort and training.

Great job guys!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic