Straight Blast Gym International Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Bronze - General Information > Portland Gym announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Important notice re piracy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Dodkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 7:19pm
This sucks!

I had a look at TPB's policy on removing... this is their response to one legal threat :-

> Through our SCADA department we recently discovered unauthorized use of confidential material in connection
> with your website, http://www.thepiratebay.org. As of March 26th 2010, this material has been granted clearance
> for governmental viewing level 3, and must not be copied, distributed or presented in any way without the prior
> consent of Blackwell Briggs.

thanks for repeating the sites name, I didn't understand the first time.
Governmental viewing level 3? Is this the final level? what's the boss like in this level? I remember playing
Gradius 2(aka Life Force, aka Salamander, aka best shoot em up ever!!1 no it's not! yes it is! we
dont agree with myself) and on one level there was this huuuge brain with eyes and arms!! I almost dreamt nightmares
about that. luckily I ebeat his ass using the konami code. since then, I've been having serious knightmares about
that brain. just last week I saw this guy walking down the street who looked like a brain (I knows! craaazy!) and I
desperately searched for my NES controller. I didnt know if the guy had the power of lazors or not, but there waz no time to
ask. I finally found the controller in my bag (just under some rugged copies of 2600, a crappy print out of The Coming
Insurrection, a roll of tinfoil and a note with the phone number to a really nice guy I met last night at a bar in a
town I forgot the name of  but he had blue eyes and cool shoes just the right type ya know but smelled funky.
Anyway, I pressed Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A and booom! I felt the power of Greyskull flow
through my veins. It was AWESOOOOOOME! Thanks to some previous power bars I now too had the power of laz0rs.
I quickly strafe-jumped to the left, then to the right and then to the right again while screaming Pew! pew! pew!
Nah! Nah! Nah! Peeew! (that gives more power to my lazors and usually defeats even the most annoying bosses and their
bosses bosses). Mr Brain then looked at me with pain and confusion in his eyes, clearly the lazors were working! When
he turned around (probably scared to death!) I quickly jumped behind a crate, reloading my lazors and stood ready if
the brain dude were to return. He didn't. Lucky for him mkey1 I wouldn't wanna turn on my god mode just like that.
So dont think that some level 3 bullshit will scare me. As I've just subliminally (you might wanna google that) told
you, I can deal with any level of bullshit. Yes i can, no i can't but i do!

source

.... So I don't think you're going to have much luck convincing them to take it down !

Streaming stuff does help, but Firefox addons like Downloadhelper get around it. Once that video is playing on a PC, if someone wants it they will get it, much like a video recorder attached to a TV :(

One good thing is that any new stuff you post won't be available to the same guy - lucky you found out who did it really!
Robert Verdell View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum
SBGi Forum Clinch Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Verdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Pieter van Heerden Pieter van Heerden wrote:

I understand completely how SBGi feels about the piracy, and I can't believe the lack of integrity of the guilty person, but I have to say, being a Gold member myself, if our video priviledges are revoked, it would be a very sad day for someone like me who have limited options available to be exposed to coaching of this quality.Cry

Me too Peter!
I owe so much to my grappling development to the instruction of the SBGi group. I'm always hesitant when I now say that I've never had a BJJ coach, for the coaching I've received here has been second to none.
"Wrestling in MMA, makes all other styles possible."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic